For some people, the whole idea of green drinks, sounds gnarly! In order to dispel the grimaces, lets dive right in!
This blog will cover:
- What are Green powders?
- What can they do for you?
- What do they contain?
- Why are they necessary for your health
- How to take them and where to get them?
And a few other tidbits.
So, what are green powder supplements, and why are they so healthy for us?
Chlorophyll is that beautiful green color in food. Green Foods, provide a variety of absorbable nutrition, at a cellular level. Green powders, provide concentrated amounts of nutrition, in a scoop or two. Green powder combinations, contain a cornucopia of fruits, vegetables, micro-algae and other highly nutritious gems. These nutrients are often missing in the modern diet.
Green Foods are Natures gifts
Green plant foods, trap the Suns nutrition. It is used for the plants health and protection. This in turn, becomes highly absorbable and protective nutrition for us.
- Green foods, can greatly support your overall health and boost your energy.
Nature combines the nutrients that the body needs, in a variety of forms. There is no way we could put them all together in a laboratory.
That’s why, Green whole food supplements, are so valuable.
The juicy benefits of green superfoods
They increase the bodies state of alkalinity. Slight alkalinity is necessary for healthy tissue. It also provides “unfriendly” terrain for unwanted germs.
This is important. Our tissue is either GOOD for germs, or BAD for them. The body does whatever is necessary, to get back to correct balance. Proper acid-alkaline balance, is about survival, and survival, always come first.
Proper acid-alkaline balance, is about survival, and survival, always come first.
Green Foods detoxify body tissues. Minerals and chlorophyll are the superstars here. Detoxification is a natural body process. But it is often impeded with a toxic load, from impure food, air and water. Cellular detoxification if foundational to good health.
More benefits of Green Foods
- They help to reduce inflammation, which can be beneficial for arthritis and heart disease. Inflammation can create a terrain for disease.
- They are high in antioxidants. These are free radical scavengers. They have been known to be beneficial in the prevention of cancer and premature aging.
- These amazing green foods, renew and regenerate healthy cells. It is like a “cell wash, AND feed”, at the same time.
- They are beneficial for the relief of constipation, because they feed the intestine, and detoxify the debris. Fiber is also critical here. Read blog on fiber here.
- And, concentrated green foods powders, can reduce cravings for sweets, and other empty foods. Great for dieting. Foods devoid of true nutrition, keeps the body feeling hungry. The brain literally signals hunger, until the body gets the nutrients, it is looking for.
Super Supplements make it easy to get healthy daily nutrition
Because processed foods, and meat products contain little micro–nutrition, Green Superfood supplements, are a simple way to boost our daily diet.
What do SuperFood powders contain?
They are so high in a medley of nutrition, including
- phytonutrients (found in unprocessed plant foods)
- vitamins (feed the cells and tissue of the body)
- enzymes (needed for digestion and metabolism)
- organic minerals (carbon based minerals that we can absorb). Minerals are critical for most chemical functions in the body and the absorption of vitamins.
High quality Green powders, are so lightly processed, that most (if not all) , of the nutrition, is present and ready for use by the body! They requires very little digestion.
Raw fruits and vegetables, are superfoods. by there own right.
That is why they are often part of combination powders. They should be eaten daily as amazing foods. But, to eat enough, would be next to impossible.
Green foods also contain chlorophyll. This is what make the plant green. The greener the plant the higher in chlorophyll content.
I have read that all plants contain chlorophyll even if they aren’t green. But, green food, has higher concentrations.
Plants literally trap sunlight, for their own use. They use a process called photo-synthesis, that utilizes sunlight to grow and thrive. Then, they pass “thriving health”, onto us!
Also, the molecules are very similar to our blood making them highly digestible.
Because Chlorophyll, detoxifies, alkalizes and feeds cells, it can really boost energy!
Personal Note: I was tired all the time, for a long time. Adding super nutrition, smoothies, and juices, helped me overcome this.
It is accepted science that primitive green algae were responsible for life on land. Chlorophyll is foundational to life!
Where to start?
Here are some ideas.Click on the links read more about the food
- Perfect Food by Garden of Life is a great place to start (and continue).This is a fantastic whole food green combination.
- Or you may want to start with a single green food like spirulina. When you are just starting out, it may be beneficial to get acquainted with each food separately, and see how it makes you feel. Spirulina is best in a smoothie or juice.
- Amazing Cereal Grasses have a milder in taste, but still best to mix with fruit or juice.
How to take them
You can keep it very simple and just add to juice. They don’t usually taste too good in just water.
- Or, Blend with apples, berries.
- if fruit is too sweet, add cacao, sweetener, and almond or coconut milk.
This is my favorite way to take Powdered Superfoods.
- Frozen (or fresh) pineapple (This is great to mask the taste of strong supplements)
- Frozen or fresh berries
- 1 or 2 apples
- leafy lettuce
- ice if needed
Blend and drink with a straw! It is a great way to drink smoothies!
Try metal straws, if you use them a lot. They are pretty amazing!
The best thing to do is experiment.
If this blog was interesting to you, leave a comment below.
I would love to hear from you!
Always wishing the best, Mary Keaton
Disclaimer: These at my opinions and experiences, I am not a practitioner. Always your check with your Dr. or appropriate practitioner, when making any changes to your diet.